Along with the development of the world, the Information technology industry plays a particularly important role, especially when all economic, political, social activities … are gradually digitized, the development of Mobile applications to serve the very large number of mobile users today are essential. According to a statistic from Statista on August 20, 2020, the number of smartphone users always increases year on year. By 2020, the number of smartphone users is estimated at 3.5 billion, an increase of more than 9% compared to 2019 and it is expected to reach 3.8 billion users by 2021.
To reach such a huge number of online customers requires enterprises to build their own application through which they can market, sell, and care for customers in parallel with traditional sales activities. So what is a mobile application? What are the benefits of owning a mobile app on the market? Which mobile application development company has reputation and quality in the market? Through this article, we will briefly outline the most basic concepts so that you can understand more about mobile applications and the benefits that come with them, as well as top mobile application development in Vietnam – a prominent new destination in software outsourcing in Asia.
What is mobile app development?
Nowadays, many small and medium enterprises also invest in developing mobile applications to advertise and sell on online channels. In fact through the statistics show staggering numbers on the use of mobile applications:
- Mobile apps are expected to generate $581 billion in revenue by 2020 and are expected to reach $935 billion by 2023.
- There are more than 2.87 million applications on the Google Play store and 1.96 million applications on the Apple Store ready to serve the maximum needs of customers.
- Most users have more than 10 apps installed on their phones.
- Smartphone users spend 50% of their mobile app time in social and communications apps.
- 21% of millennials say they open their apps more than 50 times per day.
- Consumers spend the most on video apps.
- Nearly 90% of mobile internet time is spent in apps.
All statistics partly reflect that developing a mobile application is absolutely helpful for business growth. To program a mobile application you need to prepare carefully from the very beginning of your project idea until it is published on the store. Based on the cycle of a mobile application can be roughly divided into 8 main phases as follows:
- Conceptualizing: This stage determines the effectiveness of the project and target group of customers through market survey.
- Defining the goal: at this stage should define how your application will solve the problem? What features does the application have? Will the application run on Android or iOS platforms? Which are backend and frontend languages?
- Designing: this is the stage when the ideas are executed in design and coding. The wireframes and storyboards will be constructed in detail to best simulate the intended product.
- Testing: after preliminary completion, this is the test operation phase and detect errors if any, this stage repeats until the application can operate in the most smooth way.
- Pre-launching: select a group of target customers and let them experience the application, monitor and record the comments from the end users' perspective to complete the application before the official launch.
- Official release: launch app on the store, by signing an agreement with the store you will be allowed to update your app on the market.
- Maintenance and upgrade: after a market launch, the most important thing is to see customer feedback, keep working on the app and patch, update regularly.
Why You Should Invest in Mobile App Development?
Nowadays, mobile apps developed for popular operating systems help your business generate brand awareness and loyalty to a huge number of potential customers around the world. This is not only a trend but also a tool to help you increase your ability to compete with your competitors. Here are the top reasons why enterprise needs to invest in mobile application development.
- Build brand awareness and recognition: what any enterprise wants is their brand awareness as much as possible. By posting their app to the store and with a high frequency of traffic a lot of visitors come through and they are attracted to the business application. This is considered the effective frequency in advertising.
- Building customer loyalty and trust: with the development of technology, customers can be influenced by many different advertising sources from outside such as Facebook, advertising on Youtube, Google ads, ... the fact that enterprise have 1 channel of direct interaction with their customers through mobile applications is essential, so that enterprise will take care of their customers more carefully, giving customers a feeling of being favored, thereby building strong trust.
- Unique experience: Traditional retail industry is too familiar to customers, but through mobile applications, today's retail industry is perceived in a completely new way, anticipating the trend, helping enterprises to minimize many costs incurred such as renting a showroom, building a store, hiring staff, ... Mobile applications that drive processes and digital modeling help cut costs and increase profits.
- Convenient communication and payment methods: through mobile apps, enterprises can send push notifications to customers about promotions, offers, schedule appointments, remind appointments and update information. In addition, enterprises also integrate mobile payment methods into the application to make transactions more friendly, secure and flexible.
There are many other benefits that a mobile application can bring to enterprises as well as their users. With such practical benefits, it is a shortcoming if enterprises do not have an application for themselves to participate in the online market of the technology era.
Top mobile app development companies in Vietnam
However, investing in an IT department to take on the role of application development is very difficult, even for large enterprises because not only investment in money and brainpower but also takes a lot of time. The most effective solution that is currently used by all large and small businesses is to hire outside partners to develop applications. A professional application development company will solve the budget problem most thoroughly and ensure maximum time savings.
Founded in Belgium in 1999, PYCOGROUP is made up of passionate consultants and developers from diverse cultures around the globe, PYCOGroups’ talents help accelerate digital transformation and provide results-oriented solutions.
As a dynamic team of 550 employees, the group has also set up new business projects in Vietnam by cooperating with YellowPepper, Atlassian, Magnolia, Ansarada and MessageMedia. The product range of PYCOGroup is diversified, ranging from services such as mobile application development, m-Commerce, specialized health monitoring applications, customized applications according to the needs of customers.
Saigon Technology Solutions offers extensive expertise in technologies and frameworks,
including ReactJS, NodeJS, AngularJS, ASP.NET, etc. It has a team of more than 40 web and mobile application developers who have completed a large portfolio of successful projects from brands across industries in Vietnam and internationally. Saigon Technology is considered as a trusted firm for all your web design and development needs.
Founded from the parent company – Swiss-based, in 2008, Axon Active brought to Vietnam a high-performance software distribution infrastructure, offering outsourced organizations providing the perfect combination of talent management, Agile and Scrum practice, technology skills and industry knowledge.
Axon Active builds strong partnerships with its customers by bringing together the right development teams to deliver innovative, high-quality solutions and a number of different services such as mobile application and web application development… at very competitive prices. The company has more than 500 specialists in software engineering, working in Ho Chi Minh City, Da Nang and Can Tho (Vietnam) and some other locations.
Founded in 2016 and headquartered in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, with a team of up to 250 talented members, Groove Technology is considered a pioneer – paving the way for advanced software technology production, including advanced software development services through a unique – especially mobile application, integrated resource model, Groove Technology helps smart businesses maximize opportunities, ensure the well-being of the members and increase profits.
With more than 150 employees and convenient geographic location in Ho Chi Minh City – Vietnam, HDWebsoft is a software development company with enough resources and capabilities to handle any web, mobile projects. They can assist customers with Web application development, web development and maintenance, and mobile application development services.
Enlab Software is based in Da Nang City, Vietnam and specializes in delivering trusted Agile software development services to clients across the scale. It specializes in mobile development, front-end and back-end web development, and custom software development. It boasts of competencies in HTML, ASP.NET, PHP, Django, Laravel, Angular, VueJS, etc. The company remains dedicated to addressing the web development needs of clients through its stellar application of these technologies.
In the 5-year journey, AgileTech has implemented more than 100 projects in a variety of industries from e-commerce, tourism, fintech to business management, social media and more. AgileTech is known as a quality outsourcing company in Website Development, Mobile Applications, Blockchain Services, AI Services – Big Data. With talented IT resources, the company has built a wide range of products and become a technical partner for international startups with millions of dollars in investment.
At Innotech Vietnam, they always strive for creativity, innovation, development and innovative solutions. The company provides a wide range of software services to meet all requirements and expectations from customers, and transforms these innovative technologies into value for customers through professional solutions and services business all over the world.
Innotech serves many customers all over the world, especially in Vietnam, Japan, USA, Australia, Singapore with more than 200 successfully completed projects.
Headquartered in leading locations around the world in technology such as New York, Vietnam and Hong Kong, NIFTIT is a high-end software design and development hub, specializing in building and delivering mobile applications, cloud migration and data-driven web, trending-style design, as well as consulting custom business solutions (Microsoft SharePoint) following industry best practices.
NCC is headquartered in Hanoi, Vietnam, and is a network of young and passionate software engineers. NCC was founded in 2014 by 4 software engineers, up to now, NCC has always kept the same mission as in the beginning, as a team of skilled experts in software development.
They use their passion for development to provide the best software applications, with the combination of technology and excellent communication skills between customers and employees has made NCC loved by many clients worldwide. Some memorable marks of NCC, can be mentioned, are the products of mobile application development, custom software development, e-Commerce, m-Commerce … that have brought the company many reputations and positive comments.
Addressing the unique challenges of your business with mobile application development is the key to realizing your business objectives and scaling up. These companies, including Saigon Technology, have a proven track record and sound portfolios that position them at the top of Vietnam’s mobile application development industry.